Friday, July 2, 2010

Covers Revealed (1)


Hello! So this is something I've seen done on a few different blogs and I wanted to have something like it. Also, I am a person who sometimes "judges a book by it's cover". I love covers!! If you catch my attention with an awesome cover I'll probably just buy the book without looking at what it's about.

So this is where I will display all the awesome covers that are being released for books! I may even have something on International covers, too. I hope you enjoy, I know I love looking at them!


The Vampire Dairies - The Return: Midnight by L.J. Smith


Summary (goodreads): The vampire love triangle that spawned hundreds of thousands of fans-and inspired a hit television show-concludes in this powerful final volume of The Vampire Diaries. In Midnight, golden girl Elena Gilbert is back from the Dark Dimension, having successfully freed her vampire boyfriend Stefan Salvatore from imprisonment. Saving Stefan had an unlikely consequence: his vampire brother Damon Salvatore has become a mortal. While the trio reels from this latest twist, they must still deal with the demons that have taken over Elena's hometown, Fell's Church. As in every L.J. Smith novel, no matter how dark the night, there is always a happy ending. MIDNIGHT takes Elena, Stefan, and Damon to their darkest moments yet...Danger, romance, and paranormal mystery will keep readers fascinated with this captivating finale to the New York Times bestselling series.


Thoughts: This is a beautiful cover! I really love it! I'm guessing that the person is Bonnie, since she's the only one with red hair I can think of. Unless it's the girl fox-spirit! But I don't think so. I wonder if this means that Bonnie with have a big roll in the final book?

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney

Summary (goodreads): Freak. That’s what they called seventeen year-old Donna Underwood in high school after a horrific fey attack that killed her father when she was just a child. Her injuries and rehabilitation resulted in magically enhanced strength, thanks to the iron tattoos branding her hands and arms. As a child of the alchemists, she is both blessed and cursed with a magical heritage that doesn't leave much room for boys, parties and homework.

Now, after ten years of wishing for a normal life, she finally has to accept her role in the centuries-old war against the darkest outcasts of Faerie: the Dark Elves. Aided by a gorgeous half-fey dropout, Donna must race to save her best friend’s life - even if it means betraying one of the world’s greatest secrets and confronting the very thing that destroyed her family.


Thoughts: This looks like a great new book! I love the front used, it's so lonely. Also the iron tattoo on the girl's arm is stunning! Can't wait for it to come out!




Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder

Summary (goodreads): An undercover mission leads to danger, adventure and an impossible choice. After siphoning her own blood magic in the showdown at Hubal, Opal Cowan has lost her powers. She can no longer create glass magic. More, she's immune to the effects of magic. Opal is now an outsider looking in, spying through the glass on those with the powers she once had, powers that make a difference in the world. Until spying through the glass becomes her new power. Suddenly, the beautiful pieces she makes flash in the presence of magic. And then she discovers that someone has stolen some of her blood - and that finding it might let her regain her powers. Or know it could be they are lost forever.
Thoughts: This is the third installment in Maria V. Snyder's Glass Series. I have yet one read this series yet, but I have loved her covers and really want to start them soon. I thought this cover was very pretty and I love the colors!



The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima


Summary (goodreads):*Spoilers from The Demon King*
Haunted by the loss of his mother and sister, hunted by the powerful Bayar family, Han Alister makes a devil’s bargain with the clans. If they sponsor his schooling at Mystwerk Academy at Oden’s Ford, he will become their magical sell-sword against the power-hungry Wizard Council.

Han and his clan friend Fire Dancer undertake the dangerous journey south through war-torn Arden. Once in Oden’s Ford, it doesn’t take long for the smoldering feud between Han and Micah Bayar to kindle into flame. After several attempts on his life, Han knows he has to find a way to defend himself.

(The Full summary was too long to put up so I shortened it.)

Thoughts: This is the Sequel to The Demon King. I really like the gold ring surrounded by a bright white light. Also the little design is the corners are beautiful!


Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston

There was no summary for the book yet, but this is the third installment to the Wonderous Strange series. In my opinion, this is the best cover do far. The woman on the cover is beautiful!


The book is due out January 7th 2011.










Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting


The Sequel to The Body Finder. There isn't a summary for the book yet, but it's planned to come out March 15th, 2011.


This cover is so simple that it's just perfect! It's not over the top or flashy, but elegant and lovely.







Night Star by Alyson Noel


The Fifth installment of the Immortal Series. I've read the first two books in the series and have the other two sitting in my room along with all the other books who curse me off for letting them sit there, unread. Don't worry babies I'll get to you soon! *I sometimes talk to my books O_o*

But the cover for this is fantastic! I love the bottle and the shark to it. The girl is also very pretty.







And Finally:




Plague by Micheal Grant


Summary (goodreads): After eight months after everyone over the age of fourteen disaapeared from the town of Perdidio Beach, California, the stakes are still rising. The kids in Perdido Beach are still starving. Yet despite the simmering unrest left behind by so many battles, power struggles, and angry divides, there is a momentary calm in Perdido Beach.

But enemies in the FAYZ don’t just fade away, and in the quiet, deadly things are stirring, mutating, and finding their way free. The Darkness has found its way into the mind of its Nemesis at last and is controlling it through a haze of delirium and confusion. A highly contagious, fatal illness spreads at an alarming rate as sinister, predatory insects terrorize Perdido Beach. And Sam, Astrid, Diana, and Caine are plagued by a growing doubt that they’ll escape—or even survive—life in the FAYZ. With so much turmoil surrounding them, what desperate choices will they make when it comes to saving themselves and those they love?


Thoughts: I was so so happy when I saw that they released a cover for Plague!! I love the Gone series and this has to be my favorite cover yet! I can't wait for this to come out!



Well, there you have it! As you can see I love looking at the covers and when new ones come out! Please leave a comment on the newest cover that you love that's come out recently and if you have any amazing covers to show let me know!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails